Yields approximately 40 cookies
o 1/2 cup butter, softened
o 3/4 cup granulated sugar
o 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
o 1 large egg
o 1 tsp vanilla
o 2 cup Pete’s GF S.M.A.R.T. mix
o 1 tsp xanthan gum
o 1 tsp baking powder
o pinch salt
o 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
o Rolling sugar:¼ cup granulated sugar½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed, scrape down the bowl and mix again.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.
3. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. Chill dough for 1 hour.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the pumpkin pie spice.
6. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls (I use my small cookie scoop for this) and roll dough in the sugar/pumpkin pie mixture. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2-inches between cookies, leaving room for the cookies to spread. Lightly press down on the tops of the cookies with the bottom of a drinking glass.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to get lightly brown.
8. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in airtight containers once they are fully cooled.